Friday, April 9, 2010

Trying something new!

I've been tinkering around with things on this blog and I think I've managed to make a slide show of family pictures. lol

Family slide show (Okay so you actually have to click on the button upper left to start a slide show. lol So much for thinking I'd figured out something cool. )

Today Howard's home on a furlough Friday and we have Jaiden and Charlie here. He's entertaining them with songs from Mama Mia. For some reason the little kids LOVE dancing and hopping around to the music from that awesome movie. That's left me with some time to play around with this blog thing. lol

After all the learning I did with html years ago, this seems far to easy and yet almost as perplexing to learn as the html was in the beginning. I remember Howard taking me to a book store to find a book on html. He handed me HTML for Dummies and told me to just open it and read a page. If it made sense and I thought I could understand it, that would be the book for me. I did as instructed ... looked up and my darling hubby and said, "Find me the book HTML for Morons, because I don't understand any of this!"

We eventually found me a book full of pictures. Pictures are good when they show you what you "should" be seeing. I realize now everything I know about computers I've learned on my own basically. Trial and error seem to be my mode of learning. My very first experiences with a computer were on a laptop that had no hard drive and everything had to be saved onto floppy disks. There were many many phone calls to Howard "Honey, I was trying to do this ... and here's what happened ... how do I fix it?" lol Poor Howard!

Anyway, kids are clambering to go to the park now so my time here is done for now. It's a beautiful sunny day so we're going to enjoy it completely!

No comments: