Sunday, April 25, 2010

Picnic memories

Jaiden and I were at the park on Friday and I got to thinking about picnics and what sort of memories she'll have when she's an adult ... what sort of memories my kids might have ... and the one I have.

I remember as a child, going on picnics quite often with my parents. The one, clearly defined memory is about the red plaid bag that was our "picnic bag". I think it was vinyl, I know it was red and maybe black plaid. And inside were red plastic boxes that got filled with all the goodies. I'm pretty sure there was a red thermos also ... but that's a bit fuzzy.

My mom would always pack those boxes (and they were sort of the size of shoe boxes, if my memory is accurate) with sandwiches or fried chicken ... celery with peanut butter or cheese ... bananas ... almost anything easy to eat with your fingers. :)

I try to think about my kids and what sort of "traditions" we might have had or that they remember ... guess I'll have to ask them some day soon!

No comments: